If you need to design a website or develop a mobile application, you will need to create a Briefing to estimate the development costs. In this article, we explain how to do a web and app design briefing. All the details presented below are necessary for web design or freelance company to estimate a cost and delivery time for your web project.
1. Description of web design or app development
We start with our briefing by creating a general description of the project. The purpose at this point is to know who web design is for, a person, a company, an organization a group of investors.
We recommend getting to the point and summarizing it in no more than 4 or 5 lines.
2. People involved in the project
Here, the contact information of the people involved in the development process as well as their departments to which each member belongs is collected.
3. Target audience to which it is addressed
In this section, we will announce the target audience to which the website or mobile application will be directed.
The purpose is to collect all the possible data to present a design according to the target audience. For example, the design of a website for children would have a different web design and colors than one for another age range.
4. What do we want to sell?
Then, we will make a breakdown of the products or services offered by our website or mobile application. It is essential to break down the number of products to include on the website or services that we want to provide.
If our website does not sell products or services, we will perform an analysis of what we want to express on the site, such as a blog of vegetarian recipes.
5. Analysis of objective competence
Analysis of the main competitors. In this section, the client informs us of the direct competition to overcome. For example, our client has a shoe store in his town, and he has realized that the only game is selling online, which has decreased his profits. In this case, it details the short and medium-term objectives with a link to the direct competition website.
6. References for web designs and similar applications
This point is one of the essential sections. To know the design that the client wants to make, send us links to other web pages in the sector that likes the design. Based on this design, we make various design proposals.
7. Available budget
It is vital to define a budget and expose it openly. In the same way that we do when we go to buy a car or a mobile phone, it serves to give a personalized solution according to the type of project to be developed.
For example, if we want a simple corporate website, it can be done based on a template with a WordPress web design expert or assemble a complete web design and development team. In the second point, you will have a graphic designer for your images, logo, banners, a content expert in developing your texts efficiently, translators, web optimization technicians for SEO positioning, and loading speed, among many others.
As you can see, it is the same project but with two very different budgets, both in terms of work time and costs.
In addition, we can save you a lot of time in negotiations and finding the perfect team for your web design.
8. Purpose of our website or app
It is the main engine by which we launch to develop the website, what do we want to achieve with our website?
Some main objectives in our Briefing would be:
- Sell products: classic online stores such as shoe stores, electronics, toys ...
- Unit sale: if you sell a specific book, course or service.
- Create community: this is the case of web development for marketplaces, where you create a registration on a specific topic for users to register. The purpose of selling in this type of project is long-term, selling better positions or advertising on your website.
- Get potential customers or lead accumulation: it is achieved in blogs with many users, where we will have our registration newsletters to send email advertising, specific products or marketing campaigns.
Any idea that motivates us to launch has a goal, which can evolve over time, what is yours?
9. Site map
Another key point that we will need to specify a budget for your website or application. It consists of the sections that make up your website or the buttons that your app will carry.
Examples on a corporate website:
– home: main page where a banner will be shown with brief information about the services and the latest articles published on our blog.
– About us: collects the values of the company. The mission and overview of our website.
– Services: It can be made up of one or more subsections (which will adjust the budget based on the services pages to be created).
– Blog: publication of articles to be organized by date and categories.
– Contact: contact information, google maps map and personalized form to collect information on potential customers for our company.
It is important to carry out a preliminary study of the sections that will form our website.
10. Extra functions: languages, online chat, subscription newsletter
In addition, we will define some functions that we consider important to include on our website or mobile app.
We can carry out a study through the internet, analyzing the companies in our sector and the functions that can improve the usability of our clients.
11. Delivery times
Delivery time and project start time. Sometimes, we need a personal website to make a presentation that we have the following week, in that case, we adjust in a personalized way to each project, increasing more or less resources depending on what is needed to finish on time.
12. Graphic design and content
Do you need a graphic designer? Create the images, logo and banners of your website in a professional way.
Do you need us to create the contents of your website? An expert content editor will create the texts.
If you need to save costs. You can prepare all the images and texts on your website yourself.
This section will describe the functions you need on your website. Be clear in this section, it is the point that can increase costs depending on the type of development of functions to implement on your website or mobile application.
A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to explain it, you can put examples from other websites or applications.
Some examples to which we have incorporated specific functions:
- A website for a law firm: with an internal intranet for clients where they can upload PDF files individually.
- In an online store: integration of images for products in 360 degrees.
- On a corporate website: translations by artificial intelligence using the Google Translate API.
- In online stores- abandoned cart reminder for customers.
You put the limit, in our design agency App Design, we have no limit when it comes to developing functions or creating custom developments.
14. Technology we will use
Costs also depend on the technology we use, so if you have a programming system in mind, please let us know. Among many we use WordPress for web pages and stores, PrestaShop for online stores, React for custom developments, Laravel for control panels, Swift and Android studio to develop native applications among many others.
If you are not clear, put yourself in the hands of a professional and let us advise you. ???
15. Hosting Services
We have experts in servers for our web pages and applications. Tell us if you have hosting or want to improve what you have, we make offers for all our initial projects in which we include installation and configuration of fast loading and SSL certificate.
Specify if you have a domain or will need to register one, including the extension: .es, .com, .net, .co, .org.
17. Web maintenance
Indicate if you have a team to update the content or need to contract this service.
These are the important points for you to estimate a cost and delivery time for a website or app. If you have any questions about any of the points, you can contact us.