Whether through mobile phones, tablets, laptops or desktops, without a doubt today we access the Internet from all kinds of devices. Consequently, the need arises to create web design with user experience with Bootstrap for the companies that hire us.
Our web design agency, AppDesign, prioritizes a correct display on mobile devices and the high conversion of clients towards your websites. Remember, Mobile First is the key to quality design and a high user experience.
In order to achieve a high conversion rate and a high range of user experience, web page designs have to be custom developed and the best tool for this is Bootstrap.
Read on and learn how to achieve such format adaptability by development of web pages and apps with Bootstrap.
What is Bootstrap?
The expression boot strap It is usually translated literally from English as “boot strap” or “shoe tongue”, that is, that generally leather strap that is placed on the back of a shoe and that, pulling it, helps to place the foot inside said shoe or boot.
From this image of "lifting oneself from the ground by pulling the soles of your shoes", a certain metaphor of "self-sufficient tool" or, better said in computer terms, of "set of tools and procedures for an environment to build yourself ”; from there to bootstrap sometimes translate it into Spanish as "Boot sequence" or "Start sequence".
Of course, there are other frameworks for design responsive, such as Materialize, Foundation or Pure.css, also useful when resizing web elements so that they automatically adapt to the width of each device, thus providing a correct display of the same content and a user experience that is as similar as possible despite the differences of each format.
Custom development with Bootstrap
But Bootstrap, from before its current version 3.3.6 and already close to version 4, it is a framework designed to program web environments responsive under the concept mobile–firstThat is, first of all to design with mobile devices like cell phones in mind.
This approach is based on the fact that since mobile devices have a much smaller screen and thus a more limited tactile use than those of a desktop computer with its mouse and 17-inch screen, then it is easier program the responsive design of a Web page in this unfavorable situation and then adapt it to the most favorable one, than proceed to the contrary.
Originally developed by Mark Otto and Jacbod Thornton from Twitter, Bootstrap It is made up of a collection of interactive templates for CSS (“Cascading Style Sheets”) And HTML (“ Hypertext Markup Language ”), design templates with typography, buttons, tables, forms, navigation menus, image carousels and other complements that one can use in the developing from his website and mobile app.
Released by Twitter since August 2011, Bootstrap It is open source, so developers are invited to participate in the project by making their own contributions to the platform. It is also available on GitHub, where it is the most popular project since February 2012; being used by NASA and MSNBC, among other organizations.
Advantages and disadvantages by Bootstrap
- Easy and intuitive to operate: For example, when making web layout with Bootstrap, a user interface, you don't waste time modifying the CSS to make a view with 3, 4 or 5 columns. Also, we can add a clearfix or make structural changes at the request of the client that he wishes to see live and direct.
- Ideal for mobile devices: As we already said, Bootstrap is a framework primarily optimized to create, using CSS rules, responsive web pages. Responsive web pages adapt automatically and dynamically to the vast majority of screens and resolutions in the mobile market. When they ask us for a responsive design, let's solve it easily with Bootstrap: see some examples created with Bootstrap.
- Twitter maintains and updates it: As it was developed as a tool for internal use by Twitter employees, this company decided to share it with the world and guarantee its conservation and updating through open source. Is not a framework like Laravel or Codeigniter for complex projects, but most of the heavy lifting on your programming It is done.
- It is extensible: Being an architecture for software or program that allows to start another bigger program, Bootstrap It gives us the tools and procedures to extend and adapt the framework according to our needs. Therefore, it does not limit in any way the designs that one can make.
- Not for beginners: One cannot use it unless one has at least knowledge of programming in CSS and HTML. Otherwise, we run the risk of not only being overwhelmed by the number of things that are coming at us at once (we are talking about a style sheet of about 6000 lines), but we will also adopt bad CSS practices because Bootstrap it is perfect.
But having a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, in a couple of hours we will have our first hopeful results and, once the first project is finished, that feeling that we are already in control of the horse.
- Too many conventions and nested nodes: To display an alert, you don't need to create nesting 3 divs, at least ideally. Well, when you program with Bootstrap we realize that creating such alerts, forms, media objets and other things, it implies sticking so much to the conventions of the framework that we end up unnecessarily with a more complex and less semantic DOM.
Bootstrap web development services
Still, our web design agency uses the webpage programming in Bootstrap. Sespecially if one does not have time or energy to be debugging the CSS. Like everything framework, Bootstrap provides us with a quick and easy way to implement web designs. It ensures that this design works in a wide range of browsers and that your code meets certain standard standards. Why hesitate to download it?
If you have any questions, you can consult our developers team with Bootstrap through the budget form: