Review with our designers the best web design trends in 2020 and be inspired to carry out your web pages with style.
10 o'clock top web design trends in 2020
– Micro Interactions: They are small visual signals that are activated when a user executes a certain action when interacting with an interface. They happen day by day. Every time you give 'like ' to a photo on Facebook or you hover over a button and it changes color. That is a micro interaction.
More and more micro-interactions with websitedesigners are taking place this year. Providing context and help to users and recharging the usability of our sites and apps. They let you know that a subtle or delicate action has caused a change and does not need to be done again. Either loaders or animated icons. An effective micro interaction ensures you get engagement and informs you at the same time.
Website design trends
Microinteraction can also easily replace longer processes. We can ask the user for their opinion by choosing three or four emoticons instead of filling out a boring online form. But to function properly, every microinteraction needs to have a single, relevant and necessary purpose. The user does not get anything from this interaction, it loses meaning and becomes unused.
Responsive Design for Mobile Devices: The responsive web design or adaptive to cell phones, tablets, laptops or desktops. Over the last few years, it has gained acceptance due to the rise of mobile devices. To the point that, more than a trend, the design mobile-first (“Mobile first”) is the new standard for the responsive web design, even of PC's.
As a result, that mobile functions, such as the hidden hamburger-type menu or full-width screen, will also be applied soon to the desktop of Web Page development . Trend that we will show in most of the design proposals on this list.
1. Modern and minimalist websites
– Material Design: Unlike the recently reigning Flat Design, the Material Design is a Google design regulation focused on the homogeneous display of the Android operating system for all its devices. Which leads in 2020 those most realistic designs with physical surfaces and edges, with fillings and depth effects such as lights and shadows; thus indicating what is touched and how it moves.
– Illustrations: Knowing how to draw is back in fashion in 2020, as more and more web design companies they are hiring illustrators and graphic designers to create illustrations in their designer; thus adding designs with personality and, therefore, a reinforcement of the visual identity of their brands. The illustrations enjoy versatility: from spots to lines and from realism to surrealism, including cartoons.
2. Animations and large images
–Animations: these are more than a flashy ploy, they have grown into a core element of any narration, as well as marketing, to create web page; because as we move in a website design because when we move around a web page, every animation tells us a part of a story user. Making the user experience (web design with UX) Be more interactive, entertaining and mnemonic.
The animations are increasingly trend in web design and are included in most WordPress templates. Among them, GIFs continue to stand out on our screens, thanks to the fever of memes and their ability to reproduce virally. But now there is a new form of GIF: the cinemagraph; that is, those fixed-background images where a figure has a repetitive motion, creating an animated loop.
3. Clean and clear design
Among other animations that are fashionable in the web page development This 2020, we highlight the hidden hamburger menus, the effects hover to highlight buttons or links, the galleries in the form of carousel or slideshow and backgrounds with animations or videos. Some lend themselves to user interaction while others do not.
–Long sections to move (Scroll): Since today users have become accustomed to doing a lot Scroll on your mobile devices, the current exercise of the Web programming no longer cares about creating web pages with short sections that concentrate all the content at the top. Rather now they spread it in long sections that include perfectly storytelling (storytelling).
-Vivid Colors and Duotones: At web design By 2020 we are seeing two major reappearances: the gradient and the vivid color bitone. In fact, the color has been nominated in all awards deliveries. The effects of kaleidoscopic gradient with two shades have come back strong; being perfect for processes of branding and, in that sense, accepted by brands and publishers.
4. Colors and styles
The blanks of minimalist fashions no longer have to be so white. Now these may well be full of rich and beautiful colors, and still be used as a graphic element where the elements shine but breathe into each other. Although not all web designs allow you to or should use bold color palettes.
Gradients and duotones are in the end the same bicolor overlay effect, consisting of "printing" an image in two shades of the same color, or between black and a dye of some color. It is usually called a gradient when the color is applied to a flat background, following a horizontal, vertical, circular pattern, etc. While the effect of applying only two colors to any given image is called a duotone.
5. Web structure
- Bold Typography: Not everything can be right angles and rational patterns. More and more companies use a large and striking typeface, which can even mimic our manual calligraphy, to mainly present their designer Such boldness in typography works best when the rest of the web design The page has an immaculate and minimalist appearance.
- The “Hero” Images: They are very visual and aesthetic images that we find just entering certain designer, because they occupy the entire screen; being thus a powerful resource to capture from the first moment the attention of the user. They have been used for years, only now we are so used to these presentation images that we continue to make scroll towards the content below them.
- Progressive Web Applications (PWA): Understanding such normal applications that, because they are stored on our Internet servers, we do not need to download them to our mobile devices, it follows that progressive web applications do not need app store or play store.
6. Mobile first
This is important for our topic because since 2020 web design is tending to look more like application design, even at the level of Web development. Therefore, this 2020 the user experiences (UX) in designer They are also developing as if they were applications.
This is top ten web design trends so far this year 2020. Now is your turn. Are you inspired by these trends for your site or blog?. We look forward to your comments!.
If you need help from our programmers you can consult us through the contact form.2020 web page design trends