Review with our designers the best web design trends in 2020 and get inspired to carry out your web pages with a lot of style.
10 o'clock better web design trends in 2020
- Micro interactions: They are small visual signals that are activated when a user executes a certain action when interacting with an interface. They happen every day. Every time you give '.like'. to a photo on Facebook or you hover over a button and it changes color. That's a micro interaction.
We're seeing more and more micro interactions this year in disigners of web pagesBy providing context and help to users and reloading the usability of our sites and apps, they let you know that a subtle or delicate action has caused a change and doesn't need to be done again. Whether loaders or animated icons. An effective micro interaction ensures you get engagement and informs you at the same time.
Web design trends
Microinteraction can also easily replace longer processes. We can ask the user's opinion by having him choose three or four emoticons instead of filling out a boring online form. But to work properly, all microinteraction needs to have a single purpose, relevant and necessary. The user gets nothing from this interaction, it loses its meaning and is disused.
Responsive Design for Mobile Devices: The responsive web design or adaptive to cell phones, tablets, laptops or desktop computers. It has become popular in recent years thanks to the boom in mobile devices. To the point that, more than a trend, the design mobile-first ("mobile first") is the new standard for responsive web designeven from PCs.
It follows that mobile functions, such as the hidden hamburger menu or the full width display, will soon be common in the web page developments Trend that will be evident in most of the design proposals on this list.
1. Modern and minimalist websites
- Material Design: Unlike the until recently prevailing Flat Design, Material Design is a Google design standard focused on the homogeneous visualization of the Android operating system for all its devices. It leads in 2020 those designs more realistic with physical surfaces and edges, with fillings and depth effects such as lights and shadows; thus indicating what is touched and how it moves.
- IllustrationsThe newest trend in 2020 is that of knowing how to draw, as more and more web design companies are hiring illustrators and graphic designers to create illustrations in their web pagesThe illustrations are versatile: from spots to lines and from realism to surrealism, including cartoons.
2. Animations and large images
-AnimationsMore than just an eye-catching trick, they have become a key element of any story, even marketing, by create websitebecause as we move around in a web page Each animation tells us a part of a story, making the user experience (web page design with UX) is more interactive, entertaining and mnemonic.
The animations are more and more trend in website design and are included in most WordPress templates. Among them, GIFs still stand out on our screens, thanks to the meme fever and their viral reproduction capacity. But now there is a new form of GIF: the cinemagraphThat is, those fixed background images where a figure has a repetitive movement, creating an animated loop.
3. Clean and clear design
Among other animations that are in vogue at the website development this 2020, we highlight the hidden burger-style menus, the effects hover to highlight buttons or links, the galleries in the form of carrousel o slideshow and backgrounds with animations or videos. Some lend themselves to user interaction while others do not.
-Long sections to move around (Scroll): Since users today have become accustomed to doing a lot Scroll on their mobile devices, the current web programming no longer cares about create websites with short sections that concentrate all the content at the top. Rather they now spread it out in long sections that perfectly include storytelling (storyteller).
-Gradient and Duotone of Living Colors: In the website design of 2020 we are seeing two big comebacks: the gradient and the two-tone bright colors. In fact, the color has been nominated in all the awards ceremonies. The kaleidoscopic gradient effects with two tones have come back strong; being perfect for branding and, in that sense, accepted by brands and publishers.
4. Colors and styles
The white spaces of minimalist fashions no longer have to be so white. Now they can be filled with rich and beautiful colors, and still be used as a graphic element where the elements shine but breathe with each other. Although not all web designs can or should use bold color palettes.
Gradients and duotones are ultimately the same two-color overlay effect, consisting of "printing" an image in two shades of the same color, or between black and a tint of some color. It is usually called a gradient when the color is applied to a flat background, following a horizontal, vertical, circular pattern, etc. While the effect of applying only two colors to any given image is called a duotone.
5. Web structure
- Bold typeface: It can't all be right angles and rational patterns. More and more companies are using large and striking typefaces, which can even imitate our hand calligraphy, to present their web pages Such boldness in typography works best when the rest of the website design of the page has an immaculate and minimalist appearance.
- The "Hero" images: They are very visual and aesthetic images that we find just by entering certain web pagesThey have been used for years, but now we are so used to these presentation images that we continue to make them scroll to the contents below them.
- Progressive Web Applications (PWA): Understanding by such those normal applications that, because they are stored in our Internet servers, we do not need to download them to our mobile devices, it follows then that progressive web applications do not need app store o play store.
6. Mobile first
This is important for our theme because since 2020 web design is tending to look more like application designeven at the level of web development. Therefore, this 2020 the user experiences (UX) in web pages are also being developed as if they were applications.
This is ten o'clock web design trends so far this year 2020Now it's your turn. Are you inspired by these trends for your site or blog? We look forward to your feedback!
If you need help from our programmers you can contact us through the contact form.