In agency App Design, we have experience in optimize the loading speed of web pages for our customers. We have learned so much, that we guarantee the improvement of web speed in a 20%, if not, we do not charge our services, that is clear.
The best programming code for the best loading speed
We start from several real studies, carried out on many of our clients based on the programming code they set up on their web pages. We have analyzed and classified the load speed time with an equal resource estimate. These are the results:
- Development with Gatsby using React JS. Without a doubt, the most efficient programming system, both in loading speed and SEO optimization, since it allows us to optimize our website through modules. Average speed of a landing page: 0.3 seconds.
- Development with Angular: one of the most common programming systems we use for web pages with large databases, optimizes the loading time when requesting requests to a database. Average speed of a landing page: 0.35 seconds.
- WordPress web developer, the web pages created with WordPress are part of the 80% of the websites on the internet, they are not the most optimized but with a WordPress expert we can achieve good results, the following points will be based on a website developed with WordPress. Average speed of a landing page: 0.8 seconds.
- Drupal, one of the CMS with the best performance. Thanks to their latest version, they have achieved an excellent loading speed for projects carried out with Drupal. Average speed of a landing page: 1 second.
- Prestashop, Joomla, Magento... are left behind in terms of resources used to move the web. We will need a high performance cloud hosting to achieve good results. Average speed of a landing page: 2 seconds.
Why improve the speed of our website?
Now that we know the scheduling systems and loading speed for our website, let's move on to the reasons why we work to constantly improve our loading speed.
So clear, the speed of a web page makes more customer conversions. It is useless to us, having an online store that takes more than 3 seconds to load. As beautiful as it is or how well programmed it is, this loading time will make your customers leave without even seeing the product or service for sale. It is estimated that a page that takes more than 3 seconds to load loses more than 50% of conversions.
The reason why we constantly improve our web speed is the user experience. Giving our users a quality service is based on the speed of response, both from our support and from the website.
Our goal for companies that ask us to improve the speed of their website, is to reduce the 2 seconds for the main page.
Servers optimized for web load speed
Well yes, as you have been able to verify, it is useless to have a super optimized website to load quickly if our hosting is not good. The 50% of the work is taken by the server that we have hired.
Next we will differentiate the 3 types of servers that there are and the one that we have mounted that gives us unsurpassed performance.
- Shared hosting: undoubtedly the cheapest, consequently, you have a space on the server that is shared with more than a thousand clients, which makes it very inefficient and unpredictable in terms of failures, both in performance and emails when having the shared IP . If you believe in your project, never mount your project based on this type of servers, we only recommend it for testing and testing.
Estimated cost: € 50-150 per year. Performance on a landing page: + 4 seconds (unpredictable spikes).
- Dedicated server: our option, we have mounted and configured a dedicated server for our projects, mounting 32 gb of ram and 500 gb of fully managed space, which means that all resources go to our projects.
Estimated cost: € 150-€ 500 per month. Performance on a landing page: less than 2 seconds (stable).
- Cloud server: For international projects and clients around the world, you need your server to load at different points, a solution that achieves a cloud server as opposed to a dedicated one. For these Cloud server services we rely on a cloud service company professionals.
Estimated cost: € 200-€ 1,500 per month. Performance on a landing page: less than 1 second (very stable).
* Our project solves this internationalization problem for a web page by mounting an AWS CDN on the dedicated server, which we can configure for your web page.
We have a team of professionals in web page performance through server installation:
Tools to measure web speed
The tools to measure the loading speed of a web page. They are the main tools on which we rely to improve the performance of our clients' web pages.
- Pingdom Tools: a perfect tool to know the loading time of your website anonymously and without depending on your internet connection.
- Webpagetest: like the previous one, but in this case make 3 loads of your web page and create an average for you.
- GTMetrix: one of the most powerful to analyze the load of resources and web optimization.
- Google PageSpeed: Analyze web speed on both desktop and mobile, giving recommendations to improve your performance.
Examples of web speed improvement
An image is worth a thousand words, so we will leave you the example of our own website. www.appdesign.dev, is made in WordPress. In a first phase, we have optimized the code using our web speed optimization tools. After improving all the code in our page created with WordPress, we have gone from 2.5 seconds to 0.5 seconds, with an optimization grade of 95 in Pingdom Tools.
And an improved score in WordPress for Google Pagespeed, going from 20 points to 90 for desktop and from 10 to 83 for the mobile version, which for a website developed with WordPress is unsurpassed.
Do not stop consult with experts on improving web performance, you will save time and resources that today are very valuable, let yourself be advised and improve the user experience to achieve more long-term conversions.